The Healthy Families Committee was designed to impact the community in a day. The program provides a dedicated group of Junior League volunteers to work on a number of unrelated, short-term community projects when non-profit agencies are limited in achieving their goals because of lack of man…or woman-power.
Here are some of the ways the Impact Support gals have been keeping busy:
- Managed a face painting table for the 2015 Reynaud Back-to-School Bash
- Providing the materials and labor to paint the treatment rooms at the St. Nicholas Center for Early Intervention
- Providing books for Literacy Awareness Day
- Assisting with a Mommy & Me camp-out
- Crafting with kids at Arts Fest
- Refurbishing the exterior annex of The Imperial Calcasieu Museum
- Coordinating a successful JOY DRIVE in December
- Providing fun and managing booths at the Family Fun Festival
This committee is always looking for new ways to roll up their sleeves and get meaningful projects done.
If you have an idea for an Impact Support Project, please download our project application.