Our History

Opening its doors in 1933, The Junior League of Lake Charles Inc. (JLLC) framed their purpose as an exclusively educational and charitable organization of women, committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.  The legacy began with 11 young visionaries, who would surely be proud of the growth, impact, and continued success of this local chapter.

What that has meant to Southwest Louisiana is a long list of established local community projects and organizations that have served our community for years or are still thriving today.

Proud of our impact on the community, the JLLC has served as a catalyst for the creation of many projects including these: